Wednesday 14 August 2013

A520.1.2.RB.TingJunLee

What do you notice in your results?
For most of the exercises, I ranked either below the mean or in the second quartile. In particular, I scored well for the emotional intelligence assessment. This is pleasing to me as it shows that I am aware of myself as well as the people around me and how they feel. However, I did not fare well for those tests that required placing logical priorities, like the defining issues test. I could use this result to work on how I look at issues and my perspective on things.

How much of this rang true for you?

I did the survey exercises thinking about my real life experiences. Hence, I believe most of the results are close to accurate. For example, my work place is male dominant and we tend to forget there are ladies around. Some times we make crude jokes and forgetting that a lady is in the cubicle next to us. Often I find myself realizing this and will ask my colleagues to keep quiet.

What did you see that you were expecting in the results?

As mentioned, I was expecting a good result in the emotional intelligence test. I am aware of myself being sensitive to my feelings and abilities, as well as those around me.

What were the surprises?

I did not expect to fall in the bottom quartile for the core self-evaluation scale. I thought of myself as a confident individual but it seems the results show otherwise.

How will you make use of this information?

Given the results, I know what are the areas I need to work on. In general, perhaps I could start being more confident of myself. On the other hand, I now know my strong points and reaffirm that what I know about myself holds true. I can continue to work on aspect of my life and build up that skill even more.

No comments: