Tuesday 20 August 2013

A520.3.1.RB_TingJunLee

What are a few words that describe your decision-making style?
Cautious
Intuitive
Logical
Self motivating

What are the opposites of the words you chose?
Risk taking
Reasoned
Irrational
Being instructed on what to do

Could you see any benefits to making decision using an approach that is based on either the opposites or somewhere in-between and what outcomes would you expect to see?
One approach that I'll like is to take on more risks. Of course, the risks has to be calculated and substantiated although it maybe fun and challenging to jump in first without fully knowing the consequences. At the moment, I see myself as cautious and tend to be pessimistic on the outcomes of projects.

Another approach I'll like to see is to be more reasoned. This was actually a feedback I received from my supervisor during a performance review. In order to be reasoned, it is important to make decisions with data and information at hand. Some times I tend to make conclusions without fully researching into the problem thus leading to more problems at the end.



No comments: