Sunday 18 August 2013

A520.2.6.RB_TingJunLee

Assess your time management skills.
During my school days, I have come to realize that my time management skills have been better than most of my peers. This life skill has gotten me through some challenges in my life and has been one my best life skills.


Evaluate how these skills have increased your locus of control.
With better time management, I am able to plan and schedule ahead of time and work according to that schedule. If the project comes out well, I know that it is my time management skills which played a part in the success of the project. But when things go bad, I am also able to look and assess myself for improvement.


Identify three new areas in which improved time management skills would reduce stress.
1) With better time management skills, I can plan in advance and work according to that plan. This will reduce stress as I can prepare ahead of time and not work at the last minute.
2) In my style of time management, I try to dedicate a portion of day to tackle different projects. By accomplishing a small bit everyday according to schedule, I'll be able to cover a wider range of tasks, hence reducing stress.
3) Time management allows me to prioritize my work and differentiate between a quick win and a task which may take a long time. Targeting high value quick wins can lead to a boost in morale and reduce stress.


Add an action plan to integrate these to your daily routine.
An idea which I have is to plan a list of things to do everyday and try to accomplish them before leaving the office. To make use of my management skills, I will also try to involve other team members and subordinates so as to accomplish more within the given time.







No comments: